|—||F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby (via lifeofnick)|
YES, summer means lots of reading, but i nerded pretty hard today… i should not be allowed to go to library book sales EVER. (i might go back tomorrow to see their rotated stock.) haha my precious loot from the day:
- The Strong-Willed Child- Dr. James Dobson (i’m always trollin’ for reference books for when i’m a counselor… i also have a terrifying niece.)
- Brave New World- Aldous Huxley (my favorite book! i lent my copy out and never got it back, but that’s alright! i got a new one!!)
- The War of the Worlds- H.G. Wells (i have actually never read this!)
- The Stories of Ray Bradbury (100 short stories, including those from The Martian Chronicles— the work that got me into science fiction in the first place. i also just ordered a copy of The Martian Chronicles online a few days ago. awesome.)
- Science Fiction of the 30’s- Edited by Damon Knight (18 of the BEST sci-fi short stories from the 1930s)
- Science Fiction of the 50’s- Eds. Martin Harry Greenberg & Joseph Olander (22 of the BEST sci-fi short stories of the 1950s)
i am one happy camper. :)
|—||John Eldredge, Desire|
The Star Trek Book of Opposites - could not stop laughing!
This was a funny article from The Mary Sue
|—||Donald Miller, Searching for God Knows What (via letsfindouttogether)|
OMG!! I saw this and I literaly staretd crying.. WOW! it this happend to me there would be no doughts! OMG WOOOW
very clever, prospective groom, very clever indeed.
a few days ago i finished the John Eldredge book Wild at Heart and i thought it only appropriate to read Captivating, the female match to this book, written by his wife. i just finished the second chapter and holy smokes is it good already. long story short, it’s helping me see sides of my relationship with Andy that i didn’t know existed AND it’s helping me to have a MUCH better grasp on the way i reflect the image of God.
IT’S SO GOOD and i’m only at the commencement of chapter 3. huzzah!